According to the article 72 , Law 4009/2001 the general criteria of the accreditation of the study programs are mainly the following :
- Τhe academic physiognomy and the orientation of the study programs
- The learning outcomes and the required qualifications, in compliance with the Νational Qualifications Framework (NFQ) for the Higher Education Area.
- The structure and the organization of the study program
- The quality and the effectiveness of the teaching work
- The pertinence of the qualifications of the teaching staff
- The quality of the research project of the academic unit
- The connection between the teaching procedure and the research
- The demand in the labor marker of the acquired qualifications
- Τhe quality of the provided services, including the administrative services, the libraries and the services of student care.