The University of West Attica has developed and establish procedures of quality assurance policy as a part of its Strategic Planning, approved by the 9th meeting of The Quality Assurance Unit (05.05.2020) and the decision of the 4th meeting of the Senate (08.06.2020).
In the Quality Policy Statement mentioned the rules of Internal Quality Management System (IQM-System) boosting the development and the recognition nationally, in Europe and globally in the academic area as an example of innovation and excellency.
The policy of quality assurance of the University of West Attica aims to a culture of quality and all the members of the academic community are responsible for the quality assurance. This policy is official and in accordance with the legal and regulatory framework and disclosure the information.
The vision of UNIWA is a leading University and its mission is to provide education of excellent quality in the fields of study, scientific breakthroughs with globally reputation -communicated to the society- and promote culture, art and civilization.
It is committed with responsibility to a continuously improvement of educational and research work and an effective performance of administrative services according to international practices and the principles and guidelines of the Hellenic Authority for Higher Education (HAHE)
The Quality Assurance Unit (MODIP) is responsible for the surveillance and control of the qualitive function of the Institution in all levels. The commitment to quality is based on the procedures of the Internal Quality Management System (IQM-System) which is drew up, applied, reviewed and refocused annually by being the framework for the academic community to achieve the objective of the Institution. The Internal Quality Management System (IQM-System) is based on international practices of European Higher Education Area and the principles and guidelines of Hellenic Authority of Higher Education (HAHE)
The principles of the Quality Policy Statement are linked to strategic Planning of the Institution and are bonded to the Strategy of the Institution.
- Educational Excellence
- Research Development
- Digital Transformation
- Improvement of Academic Environment
- Accountability and Transparency
- Extroversion – Internationalization
- Sustainability and Sustainable management of Resources
- Quality Assurance
The Quality Policy mainly supports:
- The organization of the Internal Quality Management System (IQM-System) of the Institution
- The responsibility of the leadership of the Institution, the Departments and others functional Units, the members of the staff and the students to assure the quality according to their role
- The humanitarian principles and the respect to the civil rights according to the human rights and the constitutional rights.
- The observance of the rules in the Research Ethics, teaching and copy rights
- The prevention of discrimination based on skin color, gender, age, nationality, ideology, private life choices, religion, and the prevention of any kind of violence
- The continuous improvement of learning, teaching, research and innovation.
- The quality assurance of study programs and the compliance with the Hellenic Authority for higher Education standards
- The organizational effectiveness of the administration units and the maintenance of infrastructures
- The provision and the effective resources management for the function of the Institution
- The effective human resources development and distribution
- Sustainability resources
The implementation of the quality goals will come into effect by:
- Achievement of the strategic goals through the utilization of the functional costs
- Developing alternative funding resources (sponsorships, donations, participate in research programs, etc.)
- Modern and highly competitive educational programs nationally and globally
- Reformation and amelioration of study programs
- New interdepartmental and interinstitutional postgraduate programs
- New Lifelong Learning Programs and improving the current ones
- Supporting the status of studies and globally recognition
- Supporting Student-centric learning
- Supporting Research programs
- Motivation for research study
- Challenging environment for researching in interdepartmental level and in cooperation with academic and research institutes
- Excellence awarded in research, innovation and entrepreneurship through the cooperation with academic and research institutes, organizations of public and private sector nationally and globally
- Supporting the existing research structure and developing academic spin-offs
- Supporting the character of research laboratories
- Increasing the published papers in international prestigious scientific journals and collective volumes
- Simplifying the bureaucracy in Research projects, Lifelong Learning, master degrees, etc.
- Improving the competitive position of the Institution.
- Increasing the liability on knowledge, skills and competences of the graduates
- Organization and optimization of the alumni network
- Quality improvement of the services provided to students, teaching and administrative staff
- Increasing academic society satisfaction.
- Increasing and/or improve the infrastructures
- Developing the extroversion and internationalization of the Institution and promote its contribution to the international academic community and society
- All the members of the academic community actively participating in the implementation and development of the quality management system as part of their culture of quality
- Effective quality management of the Institution through quality targets and commitment to the objectives
- Transparency and loyalty the organizational structure by all involved members
- Institutional organization according to national and international quality standards
- Participation in international networks to form the conditions of well-being and prosperity in society and in the development of the academic area in Europe and globally
- Strengthening of Civil Society and Local Society and the institutional social impact.
The administrative bodies are committed to quality assurance in order to be a functional and effective application of the Internal Quality Management System.
The administrative Bodies are obliged to contribute to:
- Record and spread the quality assurance processes in academic and administrative units to the members of the academic community (staff, students, institutes) and communicate and consulate the Internal Quality Management System, as well as organizing info and exchange of views meetings.
- The quality policy is in accordance with the strategic goals of the Institution in academic and administrative level and the legal and regulatory framework.
- Provide the resources for the implementation of quality policy and the proper function of IQM-System
- Monitor and supervise the quality targets for the academic, researching and administrative work of the Institution through the annual review of IQM-System.
- Monitor the comparative and performance indicator analysis in order to take decisions and corrective or improving measures concerning the academic, researching and administrative work of the Institution.
- Support the work of the Quality Assurance Unit. The staff of the unit is qualified and systematically trained and evaluated.
In this framework, the Quality Assurance Unit coordinates the procedures of quality assurance in the University of West Attica according to the guidelines of the Hellenic Authority for higher Education and supported by the administration of the UniWA in order to be a functional application of the Internal Quality Management System.
Public disclosure of Quality Policy
The disclosure, the communication and the implementation of the policy of quality assurance of the University of West Attica addressed to all the members of the academic community who are responsible for the quality assurance. The students are informed about the Quality Policy of their department during the welcoming ceremony at the beginning of their studies.
The Quality Policy of UniWA is communicated to interinstitutional meetings nationally and globally, and in meetings with chambers (professional/vocational), research, social and environmental organizations.
The Quality Policy Statement is uploaded to the webpage of the University of West Attica and to the webpage of Quality Assurance Unit in the following link: https://modip.uniwa.gr/en
The Vision, the Mission, the Strategy and the Quality Policy Statement are uploaded to the webpage of the University of West Attica and the webpage of Quality Assurance Unit in the following link: